EXCLUSIVE: “Hariharan asked me to come to Mumbai,” late singer KK speaks about his initial days in Mumbai music industry

On May 31, the nation was left shocked when legendary singer KK suddenly passed away. The singer was, in fact, on a concert tour in Kolkata and after his performance, complained of uneasiness. He was immediately rushed to the hospital but it was declared that he was ‘brought dead’. The news left everyone in shock including his close friends from the industry. Amongst them was also Hariharan, who even refused to believe that his friend is no more. In this throwback exclusive interview with Bollywood Hungama, KK spoke about his bond with singer Hariharan and how he played an important role in bringing him to the music industry.

EXCLUSIVE: “Hariharan asked me to come to Mumbai,” late singer KK speaks about his initial days in Mumbai music industry

Speaking to Bollywood Hungama, KK had said, “Hariharan had come to Delhi once and I was performing in one of the five-star rooftop restaurants in Delhi. And I was substituting for a friend since he was not well. I sang a couple of songs. And then he called me from there and he was sitting with his wife. I went to him and said, Oh, nice to meet you because it was indeed a pleasure to meet him. I love his voice. So I said, lovely meeting you. And then he asked me, ‘tu yahan kya kar raha hai?’ and I didn't understand what he said. He went on to say, ‘Get the hell out of here! Come to Bombay.’ He said, ‘starting warting ke liye sab teek hai baaki come to Bombay’”

KK went on to add, “I think who baat mere zehen mein reh gayi. This I am talking about 90s, right after college. 1991 I got married, so yeah, around that time. So I came back home and I told Jyoti, I met him. She said you and I've been telling you know, we should go for this.” He went on to say that even though three years had passed after that incident, he met Hariharan first after coming to Mumbai.


“My uncle was a friend of Hariharan’s. They had studied together in school. So we fixed our meeting. Thankfully, it only took me a few months when I was here for a bit. So after I met him, we started chatting. He said, Come home and I played those two songs. He heard them and immediately called Leslie on the phone and he said, ‘haan naya ladka hai aur uska naam KK hai’. And he played the recording of the two songs. Maybe a little bit not two songs. One song you know and then Leslie asked me to come home to meet him. I went to meet Leslie. So he was possibly recording a jingle and once he finished, he asked if I am free. I said yeah and he said, I'll take you to Bandra. We just went for a drive. I sat in his car and we went to his studio Populace which was under construction. Then we spoke a bit and he asked what do you like. I even started playing the guitar a little bit and then he said, I'll call you! We sat for a bit and we chatted for about an hour, an hour and a half. Then we got to know each other and I liked him a lot. And I think he liked me a lot too. Because after that soon enough, in a month or two, I think he called me. The day my son Nakul was born was actually the day I had a recording to do with Leslie which was my first jingle. So in a sense, the struggle period for me was I would say a couple of months when I came here to Bombay,” KK concluded.

Also ReadRajesh Roshan claims KK could have been saved; says, “I’ve been through two heart attacks, and I know that look”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/nueAiBZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cannes 2023: Mouni Roy packs drama and glitz as she makes her red carpet debut in a silver feather gown with a side of sparkle

The legendary French Riviera is ablaze with anticipation as the captivating Mouni Roy makes her highly awaited debut at the renowned Cannes ...