EXCLUSIVE: Radhika Madan: ‘Critical acclaim helps survive in the industry, but it is padded with the box office’

After winning the Midnight Madness Award for her first film Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota at Toronto International Film Festival, actress Radhika Madan returned to the prestigious film festival for the World premiere of her upcoming film Kacchey Limbu. Speaking on the same with Bollywood Hungama, the talented actress talked about the project and her experience of working with a debutante director.

When asked what intrigued her to sign Kacchey Limbu despite knowing that it will be Shubham Yogi’s directorial debut, she asserted, “I think the script. I was in it from the very first page I remember after reading it, I called Shubham right away. He was at the airport catching a flight and I told him that I'm doing the film. I loved it so much I could relate to it so much. And I think it is a very important film to see and to put out. Honestly, I was also a debutante at first. So, I can never say that ‘oh, I will never work with a debutante because I need somebody to believe in me’.”

The 27-year-old actress further added, “So I really feel that all the people who are debuting right now meet as writers or directors or producers, they are way hungrier, way more passionate and they give their all, they give their soul and heart to it. So, when I spoke to him when I saw his vision, I had no doubts that he would make a very honest film. To be very honest, it is the script, which is the main driving force and all the actors and be it the director or the producers. They come second, but the script is everything.”

Also, the Feels Like Ishq actor was asked what defines success for a film, critical acclaim or the box office collection. In her response, Madan said, “I think both because I know that if you perform the character well, it is honest enough if you have worked on your craft, and you get a critical acclamation, it helps survive in the industry, but it is padded with the box office as well. Because no matter how much acclaim you get, if you don't get love from the audience, it is all irrelevant.”

Explaining her stand, the actress elaborated, “you become actors to entertain people. I think the box office is proof of that. There are a also lot of factors which are attached to the box office. Like how you promote the film and all of that. So I'm actually torn between the two. And I really want both for myself. But actual success is performing the character with utmost honesty, and it is translated on screen.” For the unversed, Kacchey Limbu is a coming-of-age film directed by Shubham Yogi.

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: Radhika Madan signs yet another project with Maddock Films after Teacher’s Day & Saas, bahu aur Cocaine



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/RjclnIx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cannes 2023: Mouni Roy packs drama and glitz as she makes her red carpet debut in a silver feather gown with a side of sparkle

The legendary French Riviera is ablaze with anticipation as the captivating Mouni Roy makes her highly awaited debut at the renowned Cannes ...